500 grams/ 1 lb Red lentils
2 medium potatoes finely grated or hopped in a food processor
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Sprinkling of dried chilli flakes to taste
- Place the Red Lentils, carrots, potatoes in a large stock pot and stir well.
- Add the pepper, chilli flakes and stock stirring well boil for ten minutes – scooping off any scum from the red lentils.
- Turn on low to simmer for twenty to thirty minutes.
- Serve with fresh bread or croutons.
- Garnish with chopped coriander fresh or dried to taste.