My hubby and children love Chocolate brownies
– so this page is dedicated to
Graham, Abby, Joel, Ben and Aidan!
of tray-bake Brownies or gooey Chocolate Brownies;
which are tried out on my family!!!
They just love warm with the centre oozing out served with ice-cream!!!
Bishop Stopford’s School Chocolate Brownie recipe
140grams/5 ozs unsalted/salted butter or dairy free alternative spread (if salted do not add salt to the recipe)
175 grams/6 ozs Caster sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
Pinch of salt (if salted butter do not add salt to the recipe)
55 grams/2 ozs of one of the following variations depending on diet/ taste:
chopped walnuts or dates or white or dark or milk chocolate chunks
- Pre-heat oven 180 degrees or Gas mark 4.
- Greaseproof line a baking tin – swiss roll size 15″ x 18 ” x 2″ deep.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a basin over simmering warm water. Remove from heat and allow to cool for five minutes.
- Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl with the sugar until thick and creamy.
- In another bowl, add the flour, baking soda, salt then fold it into the egg mixture adding the vanilla essence.
- Carefully fold in the cooled chocolate mixture and chosen variation.
- Turn the mixture into a tin.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Do not overcook. The top should be crispy with a glaze over it and the centre slightly gooey.
- Remove from the oven cut immediately into 16 pieces. Leave to cool in the baking tin before removing – about ten minutes.
- Remove from tin; carefully peeling off the greaseproof paper before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Serve warm with ice-cream or marscepone or creme fraiche.
- Allow to cool until cold before storing into an airtight container – if you have any left!!!