4 ripe mashed bananas,
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 beaten eggs
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons milk or milk alternative
1 tablespoon espresso or strong instant coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup chopped raw walnuts or dried dates
1. Preheat the oven Gas mark 4/350ºF/180ºC. Line a 20cm cake tin either round or square with greaseproof or baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
3. Add in eggs, mix until combined.
4. Add the mashed bananas, milk, espresso, baking soda and vanilla stirring well until combined.
5. Fold in flour. Stir until just combined and the mixture is almost smooth.
6. Lastly, stir in walnuts or dried dates chopped.
7. Pour the mixture into a greased and floured tin and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean, if cake is burning or too brown cover with greaseproof paper and continue to bake.
8. Allow to cool before removing the cake from the tin.
Posted from WordPress