Natural for humans the (caveman) Paleolithic Diet means eating what our hunter-gatherer ancestors ate during the Paleolithic era some 10,000 years ago. During this time eating fresh meats from animals who eat grass such as free-ranging beef, pork, lamb, poultry, and game meat, fish, seafood, fresh fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, olive, coconut, avocado, macadamia, walnut and flaxseed oils.
As dairy products, cereal grains, legumes, refined sugars and processed foods were not part of their diet they did not eat these which are often the cause of many stomach, intestinal, dietary, obesity, diabetes and other cardio-vascular problems, diseases or illnesses.
- Grass-produced meats
- Fresh fruits
- Fresh vegetables no potatoes
- Nuts and seeds
- Healthful oils (Olive, walnut, flaxseed, macadamia, avocado, coconut)
Curries and stews
Beef grill with steamed vegetables
- Grilled Beef and mushrooms, tomatoes
- Lightly steamed Spinach, thinly sliced carrots and french beans.
- A sprinkling of walnuts,
- A drizzle of oil of choice such as olive, coconut, avocado, macadamia, walnut and flaxseed.
- Sauté onion, peppers, mushrooms, and tomato in olive oil;
- Whisk 2 eggs either omega-3-enriched or free-range eggs
- Add diced turkey or chicken breast.
- Gently cook thoroughly on a low heat.