I recently made a delicious Jerk chicken meal which my family loved…
1 kilogram Chicken cut into chunks
1 red onion
2 dessert spoons of Jerk spices
1 dessert spoon of each Thyme and Rosemary
1 teaspoon of Basil
1 can of red kidney beans
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 pint or 250ml hot water
2 tablespoons of tomato puree or ketchup
100 grams or 4 ounces of rice per person
- Cut chicken into chunks.
- Heat oil.
- Boil kettle.
- Add spices to oil.
- Put rice in pan cover with boiling water place ring on a low simmer, stir and cover.
- Add chicken to pan turning to seal and brown the meat.
- Chop onion finely add to pan, once chicken is browned
- Stir and cook for one minute.
- Drain, add and stir in the red kidney beans.
- Add tomato puree or ketchup to the hot water to cook.
- Sprinkle on the herbs stirring well.
- Cook for ten minutes until beans and chicken are thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with rice and salad.
Enjoy! My family loved it!