My children love this as I added too much baking soda and they became mini molten chocolate volcanoes which now if I do not do the same I disappoint them!
Chocolate Fondant Pudding
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 14 minutes to 16 minutes
Makes: approx. 6
150g butter,or margarine chopped into cubes, extra for greasing
25g cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
200g dark chocolate (70 per cent cocoa solids), broken into pieces
2 eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
125g golden caster sugar
25g plain flour
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Butter six 175ml pudding moulds or ramekins and dust with 10g cocoa.
3. Place on a baking sheet.
4. Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally till smooth. Set aside.
5. Using an electric whisk, beat the eggs, yolks and sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes until thick and foamy.
6. Whisk in the cooled chocolate mixture.
7.Sieve in the flour and remaining cocoa and fold in.
8. Divide the mixture between the moulds.
9. Bake for 14–16 minutes, or until the outsides are set but the insides are soft.
Ramekins, serve as they are.
Moulds, ease a knife round the edges and turn onto a warm plate.
Dust with cocoa.
Serve with crème fraîche or double cream and/or vanilla ice-cream is my children’s favourite
Personally, for me it has to be a strong black coffee – the darker, the better.
However for my children it has to be cold milk!