Chicken and vegetable stew – Serves 6
- 2 dessert spoons of sunflower or olive oil
- 6 pieces of Chicken breast – cut into large 2″ chunks
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 1 carrot per person – peeled and chopped
- Add other vegetables of choice – cabbage, peppers sliced; peas, sweetcorn
- 1 dessert spoon of cajun spices
- 2 dessert spoons of bouillion
- 1 1/2 Litres of boiling water
- 1 dessert spoon of cornflour
- 600 grams of rice
- freshly ground mixed peppercorns
- Add and heat the oil in a large stockpot or saucepan for half a minute on a medium heat until oil heated.
- Add cajun, chopped onion saute in a medium heat for one minute; maximum.
- Add chicken brown off adding vegetables of choice mixing thoroughly together to ensure spices well spread out; heat together for five minutes.
- Put bouillion or stock cubes to boiling water dissolving well before adding to the saucepan – mixing well with other ingredients once you do.
- Simmer for twenty minutes – check the chicken is cooked before serving.
- Once chicken is simmering cook the rice adding to pan and then double water to amount of rice simmering on a low heat for fifteen minutes.
- Add cornflour to a little cold water about 50ml eggcup amount – mix until smooth watery paste add to saucpean gently mix well heat to boil for two mintues to ensure flavours are blended together and cooked in.
- Serve with the rice adding freshly ground mixed peppercorns, to taste.